If you have yet to jump on the podcast bandwagon, we’ve not only come here today to convince you to do just that, but we’ve also come with recommendations! Well, for tech nerds at least. So let’s hop in! Here are just a few reasons you should be listening to podcasts, as well as our favorite tech podcasts.
(image via: popsugar)
Reasons podcasts are the actual best:
- Two words: free entertainment. No matter how you listen to music, you have access to a ton of podcasts.
- If you’re feeling a little bored of your musical playlists, turn on a podcast! We’re willing to bet you’ll get hooked, binge several episodes, then when you’re ready to tune back into your music you’ll be astounded at all the new songs you’re hearing!
- You can find a podcast for any old topic you’re into. We’ll be talking about technology podcasts specifically, but no matter what it is you’re into, there’s a podcast out there about it.
- People tend to think that podcasts are like lectures or TedTalks, when in fact it’s like sitting down with your best friends just talking. Except you don’t get to talk, you just have to listen.
- If you’re the type that likes to just have something on while you’re cleaning house or cooking dinner, podcasts are perfect for that! Plus you learn something so that’s a win-win.
Okay, we’re all on the same page, and we all think podcasts are way cool and we totally agree that we should start listening to them if we feel we’ve been missing out, so let’s talk tech podcasts.
(image via: darknet diaries)
Are you curious about the dark web? Frankly, who isn’t? Host Jack Rhysider takes listeners on a dark journey, his dark journey specifically, to the dark corners of the web. Topics covered include privacy, hackers, crypto, and more! If you don’t really speak the language, don’t worry, Rhysider breaks it down so we can all understand.
Women in Tech Republic
(image via: spotify)
If you’re a woman working in tech currently, about to enter the field, or even considering working in tech, you’ll want to tune into this podcast. Not only does this podcast encourage women to join the field, but you’ll also hear firsthand experiences from women working in tech.
(image via: gimlet media)
If the internet has impacted your life in the slightest, you’ll probably be able to relate to the podcast Reply All. In this podcast hosts, Alex Goldman and Emmanuel Dzotsi discuss how people’s lives and technology brilliantly relate to and shape one another.